Highlights of today...
I have been volunteering for an organization I used to work for. I love the organization so much and have enjoyed the volunteer work I do for them. I volunteered today, which is always lovely.
Even more special today was that one of the volunteers I have been working with suggested I be on the Advisory Council. I have been on another council in town, but didn't particularly enjoy it or feel like I had anything to offer. This is so different, I have been through the program for volunteers, held the training sessions, and created their media in the past. I also have more connections and other resources now. The meeting time is also more convenient with my schedule! I was so flattered that another volunteer submitted my name!! I accepted the offer!
I was crazy busy at work today and ran a bunch of errands for work this afternoon. I just logged in to check my work e-mail and guess what? We are getting raises this year! This will be my first raise after over two years with the company! Yay! I am not sure how much of a raise it will be, but even a small one helps.
In the same e-mail I found out we get four bonus days off between November and December. Last year we only got three. I don't know which days I will take, but I am really looking forward to the paid time off. Woohoo!
The hubby also thinks he will get a raise this year! Yay!
I have had 9 days in a row of eating on plan and done really well working out. I think there was only one day in the past 9 that I didn't.
Two co-workers commented on my weight loss. One goes to Weight Watchers with me and the other doesn't know I am going.
Another co-worker is going with us tomorrow! She just had a baby and is excited to go! We didn't even recruit her, she approached us.
I have a goal set to lose 30 lbs between last week and the middle of January. So far so good. I know I have a few challenges up ahead...working the conference this weekend while being fed hotel food, our cruise, and the holidays. I am still really confident I can do it. I know I can. I just feel so confident right now. I love it!
What was great about your day?
No comments:
Post a Comment