I blame it on the lack of snow. The need to make cookies that look like snow balls that is. This will be my first Christmas ever without snow on the ground. That is if the weather man is correct and our weather stays in the 40's-60's for the next week with little to no precipitation. Anyway, we went to a Christmas party last night and were invited to bring a snack to share. I also knew I'd be a part of a cookie exchange tonight and we are hosting a Christmas party tomorrow. Making a big batch of cookies seemed like the thing to do! So I doubled the recipe below and made two double batches. I came out with about 150 cookies. They were traditional Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies from my Taste of Home cookbook. They turned out delicious!
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar, plus extra for dusting
1 Cup Butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1/2 Cup finely chopped pecans
2 Cups flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whip sugar, butter, and extract until light and fluffy. Slowly add flour. Stir in pecans. Create 1 1/2 inch balls of dough and set on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool on wire cooling rack for 4-5 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar. Let cool completely. If powdered sugar soaks into the cookie, they were too warm. Redust the cookies in that case. Enjoy!

These look so good! Except...I'd leave out the nuts. But that's just me. :)
ReplyDeleteThose cookies were so yummy :)
ReplyDelete