Saturday, April 28, 2012

What's new in our house?

The past month has been kind of crazy.  The same day I posted about my review, I had a job interview. It went really well, but I didn't get the job. I know God has an amazing plan for me, so I am okay with it.  They were very kind when they told me they offered the position to another candidate.  They also didn't have any feedback, darn it!  Sometimes it is nice to get some helpful feedback. Oh well, I'm just happy there were so kind to me. About the same time as that was going on, J and I decided to put a contract in to build a brand new house about 20 miles from our current home.  I had also scheduled a doctor's appointment with a dermatologist to check a small spot on my back. Additionally, my allergy medication had stopped working again to treat my allergies to our cats.  Finally, I was anxiously awaiting the birth of my friend T's baby. 
A week after putting a contract in to buy a brand new house, we pulled our contract.  Our new home purchase was contingent on meeting with our real estate agent.  The reality of the situation was that we would lose a LARGE chunk of money selling our current home.  Neither of us were willing to make that sacrifice, so we backed out.  I can't explain why, but this was one of the most peaceful decisions I have ever made. I am just very at peace with our decision.  In my gut, I feel like we made the right choice.  What's kind of odd, is everyone seems more disappointed than we are.
The very same day, a friend posted on Facebook that she was going to take her little girl to the pound to adopt a cat.  With a heavy heart, I sent her a message and told her we needed to re-home our cats.  I hadn't said much to anyone about it, because it was such a painful decision.  I didn't know if everyone would understand what it was like to already have asthma, but not be able to breathe on top of it, even with medication.  I had to make a decision to put my health first.  After some conversation, our friend took both of the cats and they are in the process of adjusting.  Please pray they continue to adjust and love their new home.  They are in a huge house with a family who has kids home all day long to play with them.  They will be well loved and taken care of.  We did say if for some reason things didn't work out, that we wanted to be the first to know.  What has been amazing is that I have started sleeping again. I can breathe again. I feel so much better and it has only been a couple of weeks!
My friend T had her sweet baby boy on April 10. I haven't gotten to meet him yet, but am working with my crazy schedule to make some plans to go meet the new little family member. He is absolutely adorable!!! Momma and baby are doing good.  He already has my heart and I haven't met him yet.  I love being an auntie...it's the best job in the whole world! Seriously...best job ever!
This past week I saw the dermatologist for the spot on my back. She did not like what she saw, so removed it that day.  I have stitches and a bandage that can't get wet for two weeks. Pretty tricky to wash your medium length hair when you don't have a hand held shower nozzle. The best part of the story is, I don't have skin cancer! Woohoo!! She said it was atypical, but not malignant. Now I just get to heal and be happy!
Since we decided to not purchase a new home, we had a small amount of money to decide what we wanted to do with.  We decided to remodel our basement and stairwell! Remodeling has commenced...I will post more on that project later. It's quite fabulous though!
I flew to Las Vegas for the first time in my life for a conference for work. I got to work on training and even got to give a speech, LOVED every minute of it.  Plus, it was my very first trip to Vegas. Interesting city. Nice place to visit, but just for a couple days. 
This morning I knocked one of my four events out of the way! Another great accomplishment.
Oh, one more thing about April...I hit my 25 pound mark at Weight Watchers and earned a Weight Washer.  Say it out loud, it's funnier.  I feel like for the first time in my life the changes I am making are really sticking.  I just live life with Weight Watchers.  I actually don't feel like I do anything very differently from most Americans, I am just aware of what I am putting in to my mouth and the portion sizes.  My next hurdle will be to add in physical activity and just make it a part of my daily routine. Not there yet, but it's coming...I'm sure it is! 
How is that for a whirlwind update of April? Tomorrow is my first full day off of work in 20 days straight. Oddly enough, I am actually enjoying my job in small amounts again...that's refreshing. Okay, I will post again very soon with remodel photos...prepare to be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment