Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Updates Galore

I'm ever amazed by how life can march on, then in a matter of days or even seconds change.  I realized tonight that I felt like I had lots of updates and they were all from like the past couple weeks. So, here they are...
1.) As a result of a co-worker going back to earn his MA, a promotion came available. I took a leap and applied. It would mean more nights and weekends, but I would become a director. It's a natural career progression and would set me up for larger roles in the future. That being said, I'm hesitant to get my hopes too high.
2.) Two other jobs opened up and I applied for them too. I of course didn't share this with my supervisor.
3.) I started teaching two nights a week at a local college! I'm enjoying it so far.  The students have complained I give them too much homework, but I gave them an hour of homework and they had 5 days to get it done.  I was also relieved that after grading their first test, they all passed.  I think I was almost as nervous about it as they were!
4.) I interviewed for a job here in Greeley (over the phone) while I was in Wyoming visiting my friends T&T and their baby J! I turned the job down due to pay. I had so much fun visiting T&T and the little pork chop (that's my special nickname for baby J). It was also relaxing to get away for a week and do something totally different.  I'll always treasure the time I spent with the little pork chop while he was two months old and of course the time with my friends!
5.) We went to Montana to visit my mom and sisters! We had a fabulous vacation. It was difficult to come back, because we just had such a nice trip.  We also got to see W&K and their kiddos! We spent time in Glacier Park, at the Electric City Water Park, and had a nice bbq.
6.) A co-worker resigned on Monday morning...so my event season feels like it has started over. Mentoring events, covering for staff, etc.
7.) I visited Dr.Bachus today! My insurance covers more than my old plan, so I decided I needed to make use of the additional coverage. I specifically wanted to know if he thought I should pursue a surgical procedure to have my tubes unblocked.  I'm not quite ready for IVF...I want to lose at least 30-35 more pounds minimum. With the difference in insurance he suggested I have some testing repeated. Specifically, the HSG. That test was the one that stands out as a day in my life that was one of the most challenging. I don't remember the whole day, but I remember a few parts. I remember prepping to go back in for the procedure.  Next, I remember the moment where I watched the screen as the doctor injected dye into my uterus and the dye stayed there in a triangle like shape instead of passing through my fallopian tubes.  I remember feeling like every emotion was drained from my body.  Finally, I remember going back to the recovery room where my hubby was waiting and sharing the news.  Dr. Bachus came in within moments.  I'm sure we grieved the rest of the day, but I know the grieving lasted longer.  In some strange way, I'm looking forward to re-doing the test. I already know what my worst case scenario feels like, so at this point, I can only be pleasantly surprised.  The doctor was happy with my continued weight loss, but obviously I still need to go farther.  He came back to suggesting bariatric surgery and suggested the name of a doctor he trusts. 
I have pretty mixed feelings about bariatric surgery...I've already shared that on here. I'm losing 1-2 pounds per week all on my own. Keeping track of what I eat is just a part of my life.  If I opted for lap-band, I would still lose 1-2 pounds per week, but have side effects. I'm not sure I'm ready to sign up for that, but on the other hand I know how easy it is to regress.  I also don't think insurance will cover it. I've checked in to it before. Dr. Bachus offered to read my insurance policy and see if there were any loop holes.  I'm not going to really worry/think about it until I know about insurance. Besides, I adore my little Weight Watchers plan.

See, I told you I had a ton of updates. I'm sure I will hear about the jobs slowly over time. One of the three said I wouldn't even hear about an interview until the week of the 27th of July.  The HR department sent me a personality assessment for the one that would be a promotion. It was DIFFICULT!  The e-mail thanking me for taking the assessment said I might not hear anything for two more weeks. So, I'm just going to wait. I won't have the HSG done again until my cycle starts over...so that is a few weeks out as well.  For now we are in a holding pattern and I'm okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment