Wednesday, March 5, 2014

One Year

One year ago tonight I was preparing for my first day in my new career.  It has been one of the best decisions of my life. Just yesterday I was chatting with our Regional Director. She asked me what happened at my last job.  She said that sometimes there are little things where she can tell that they almost broke me.  I told her a few general observations I have made in retrospect. I told her I probably should have seen a therapist when I left.  Slowly, I have had this cathartic experience of being in a career that I love. I'm so fortunate to be in the position that I am.  We are breaking records with our numbers and on target to far exceed my wildest dreams for placement success. I work for a Christian based company that honors me and I happen to love the work that I do! That is a winning combination. 


What else has happened in the past year? Let's see...after accepting my new career we took a couple of trips over the summer and hosted some family/friends at our place.  We traveled to Iowa and Montana over the summer.  We also finished a major gardening project and I have beautiful raised beds that produced so many wonderful treats! We also replaced all of our interior doors and most of our appliances. On our trip to Montana in August those horrible back spasms started again. Fast forward to me meeting with a neurosurgeon last week. The surgeon isn't opposed to doing back surgery, but doesn't know if it will give me the pain relief I desperately need.  So, I'm in limbo (not literally, because I could never bend my back that far, ha!). We were also incredibly blessed to be a part of or attend five beautiful weddings. We celebrated my golden birthday and I was so touched by all the people surrounding me! We traveled back to Montana in January to grieve the loss of my grandmother. I think about her often and there are still little moments that make my heart sad...like when I went to address her Valentine. I'm so excited for what she has experienced in Heaven and glad she is no longer in pain. On Valentine's Day our nephew made his way into the world. He is an incredible little boy and his sister is adjusting well.


What does the next year hold? I don't know. I'd hope breaking more records. I have certainly been put in a position to grow in my career and was selected to attend our Leadership Academy. I should graduate from that in February of 2015.  I am planning to visit Montana in July for a ten year class reunion, if there is even enough interest to host one. I still work toward my weight loss goal...it's a slow moving endeavor that requires a lot of focus.  Our house project this year...taking out the carpet to restore our hardwood floors. After that, we just have the guest bathroom to refinish. That's it, that's all we have planned.


Much love until next year...just kidding, hopefully sooner than that!
N

No comments:

Post a Comment