Okay, I love sushi. At a recent volunteer led meeting they talked about Asia. Of course this meeting needed snacks. Guess what they made? Candy sushi!! I thought it was SO adorable that I had to take a picture and share it with everyone I know. I tried one piece and it was a fun little snack. It was chewy and fruity! Here is the recipe!

I also wanted to show you a few pictures of our flowers! They are looking so gorgeous and put a giant smile on my face!


I was listening to the radio the other day as a morning show talked about life's simple pleasures. The radio host was saying her simple pleasure was brand new sheets or even freshly cleaned sheets. I have come up with lots of wonderful simple pleasures since listening to that show. For example: Looking out the window and seeing your flowers have bloomed. The refreshing feeling you get when you take the first sip of your glass of cold water and can feel it go down your throat. Coming home to a slow cooker that's been hard at work all day and smelling dinner. Seeing a butterfly. Finding or hearing a new quote that just makes so much sense. The boost of confidence right after you work out. Seeing an infant smile when they hear your voice. Turning on your car and having your favorite song starting on the radio. The smell of rain. Finishing a book. I could probably go on and on and on, but I was wondering...what are some of your simple pleasures?
Oooh, my favorite sheets, freshly laundered and put on the bed. (I did that the other night!) Freshly cut flowers- I've been having a field day with that lately too! Hmm...the smell of coffee. Waking up and realizing you don't have to go to work and can sleep longer. I could probably go on and on too!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I just got caught up on your life again since the last time I posted. Happy you had so much fun with your sisters! I wish we could have been there with you!
ReplyDeleteLove the new "car". Funny, I call my mini-van a car too!
Praying for your family, whether it's a family of 2 or more! Lots of love sent your way!
So how big is that embryo?
My newest book is "Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives" by Jocelyn Green. I just started it last night. I'll let you know!
My simplest pleasure is sleeping in clean sheets! And my kiddos giggling...even when they're getting into trouble!
Have a fantabulous day!