Sunday, November 21, 2010

Good news and bad news

I have so much to update everyone on...so it here it goes:
  • I applied for the Executive Director job and interviewed on Friday. The interview went really well.  There are two more candidates to interview on Monday. That afternoon we find out who the top two out of four candidates are. They will get a second interview on Tuesday. The decision is announced on Wednesday.
  • I applied and interviewed for another job on Friday. Perfect fit for me.  The pay was terrible though. It would've meant bringing home about $688 less dollars a month! I can't quite swing that.  Even though my happiness is important, I have to way how unhappy I'd be if we couldn't pay our bills.  So I politely pulled my name out of the running.  The lady who interviewed me was really nice and said she wanted to know my decision before announcing second interviews.  I am pretty sure I would've been a second interview. Oh well, life goes on.  I felt good about having a great interview.
  • Do you remember the prayer requests I made a few posts ago? One was for a little girl who had and asthma attack and the other was for my dear friend W who was expecting her second child? Well, I have updates on both.  Unfortunately, the girl who had the asthma attack passed away on Friday.  Please, please, please keep her family in your prayers and they grieve.
  • Regarding my dear friend W, she gave birth! A beautiful baby girl with a head full of dark hair came five weeks early, but mom and baby seem to be doing well.  I am getting reports from W's mom. So, keep W and baby S in your prayers as well.  Hopefully, I will get to meet her in the near future.
  • Speaking of babies in the near future, we had an appointment with our fertility doctor.  The appointment went really well.  I do have another cyst, but it is small.  We are not currently worried about it and it's probably left over from my last cycle.  What they were really looking for was fluid build up around my tubes, right now we have no reason to suspect that is happening! Yay! This was sort of the third series of activities to make sure I was a good candidate for IVF.  J was with me at the appointment and we were able to make plans to get started after the holidays.  It's sort of a long process because there is a period of time where I go on birth control and other meds.  Right now I am taking vitamins, folic acid, baby aspirin and metformin, but in the future I will be adding more to that concoction to make babies! Right now I am just really excited to be moving forward and have so much hope. 
  • My last piece of news is that my sister is coming to town! Yay!!! She flies in on Tuesday evening. We don't have major plans set in stone, but we are going to do a 5k, make Thanksgiving dinner at our house, and go shopping!  I actually plan to have a stellar weight loss week while she was here, we have been supporting each other over the phone, but hopefully can be even more support in person.  I have the menu all planned out.  If you don't believe me, ask her for the tentative menu and itinerary I e-mailed her, ha ha. I'm a nut. I know. Oh and one of the other things we are going to do is play the hubby's new game! He produced a test model of his most recent edition of the card/board game.  I am excited to test it out.  He is so talented.  I really did marry an intelligent and talented man, I'm so lucky!
Okay, that's all my mostly fantastic news.  Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment