Today was great! The whole day was just really nice! I woke up before my alarm clock went off, which is always a good way to wake up. I feel like I am waking up on my terms when I beat the alarm clock! Anyway, I had my new favorite cereal for breakfast - Kellogg's Product 19. When I compare one serving to my vitamins- it has nearly identical vitamins and daily values! I also like that I can have an entire cup for just 100 calories. It's a nice start to the day. I've been meaning to mention my new "find"...I love it! I'm sure it would be a great crust on homemade chicken fingers too.
Anyway, after breakfast I did day two of my Couch Potato to 5k training. Today was easier than the first day and my chest wasn't nearly as sore. My thighs are pretty sore, but not when I'm jogging...only when I am casually walking. I am pretty sure that is okay though. I ran around the neighborhood instead of the park. I tried a different pair of sweats with a drawstring and decided I still need to get a new pair of running shorts or sweats. Other than having to constantly pull up my britches, it was a really good training session. At one point the podcast says something about not being tired or out of breath, but I am still tired and our of breath by the time I get to that interval. I am not sure if I should stay on week one until I can get to that point and not be tired and out of breath? I am open to suggestions...I know a couple of you are runners and may have some great ideas! I am not so tired that I need to stop, I can finish the intervals fine, but am out of breath. I don't think I am even jogging too fast, in fact I almost wonder if I walk faster than I jog, just kidding. I tried to focus on breathing today. I noticed the other day that a lot of my breathing was shallow. So I breathed in through my nose and out through pursed lips. It made such a difference!
After my run I got to head to a baby shower! I made a "sweet pea" card. I think it turned out pretty well. In the future I need to purchase plain green Stickles (that's the glitter glue I use). The Stickles I had was Holly and it had specs of red in it. It still turned out okay, but a solid green would really be perfect. I also think I would start with a skin tone baby head instead of white. I would still chalk both, but white is just so pale. I made two of these cards, but the cats chewed one up! Dang cats. The baby shower was really nice. We played games and I won two of the four. The first game I got to pick out a gift bag and I was pleasantly surprised to open some patio lights and candles! I can't wait for a BBQ to use them! The next game I let the second place winner have the prize. I wanted to share the wealth! Aside from fun baby shower games, we were treated to gourmet ice cream! The restaurant we were at makes their own ice cream. I had
blackberry cheesecake, it was pretty good. I really enjoyed myself!
blackberry cheesecake, it was pretty good. I really enjoyed myself!When I got back to town, it was time for a date night with my hubby! We decided to go to a roller derby! We had dinner at a mom and pop chicken place and went to our first roller derby together. It was really fun! I am super lucky, because we are going on another date night tomorrow! Between now and then I need to write a rather large paper that is due on Monday. I am hopeful to knock the paper out tomorrow morning and early afternoon, have time to go shopping, and then go on our date!
I travel Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week, so I really need to get ahead for the week if I can. I also need to lay clothes out and get groceries so I can be prepared and make sure I have time to keep on working at the 5K! I hope your week is super fantastic!
I LOVE the card you made! SO CUTE!! Sounds like you have a busy week ahead, but I'm sure you'll make time for your 5k training.
ReplyDeleteA roller derby date sounds like so much fun. It might even be good "first date" material... which I was randomly thinking about the other day, really for no apparent reason. Anyway, I hope you have a great time on Date #2!!