Monday, May 24, 2010

What a wonderful weekend

On Friday, one of my dear friends asked me to be a Matron of Honor in her wedding next May! I feel so honored! I am pretty excited too!!! It's really cool because when I introduced the bride and groom, the only other person there was the Best Man! I am so happy to see such a sweet couple getting married!

Saturday I spent lots of time in the garden. Sunday was the same way! We got a lot done and still have some more work to do. I planted my vegetables, a bush, and spent a lot of time weeding. The hubby shoveled through a square in the garden that I planted 6 pumpkin plants in. He also chopped down a couple of trees that had randomly come up right below the power pole. He mowed too! Eventually I want my garden to just be my little piece of Heaven on earth. I'm not sure if that will be at this house or the next one, but it will happen with time.

On Sunday another friend bought plane tickets to fly out and see us!!! I'm sure she is coming to see other people too, but she is coming to see me!!! She will be here in under a month. I just know we will have so much fun...even if it's just playing games and sharing a drink! We always have fun and I LOVE having company!

Over the weekend I thought a lot about wellness. I know I am burnt out on doing the Metabolic Research Center (MRC) program. However, I know I need to keep working on weight loss. On a whim, I pulled out my old Weight Watchers materials. I kept my old weigh in log. I was delightfully surprised to find I lost about the same per week as I do at MRC. At this point I started thinking. I did a little bit of math and figured out I spend $139 a month on protein supplements in addition to groceries! On Weight Watchers, I just buy groceries. So even though there is a monthly fee of $39.99...I still save money. MRC I also paid for a series of time up front. There was a program cost and a supplement cost. My doctor also wasn't wild about taking a ton of vitamins. Her reasoning was that vitamins don't go through the same process as like prescriptions. So, a person needs to be careful when taking something that has any sort of medicinal value. I also decided that I need recognition. It may seem silly, but I want to earn my ten percent key chain from Weight Watchers! I also like the stickers they give you for every five pounds you lose. Both programs work, it's not at all the MRC doesn't work and Weight Watchers does, they both do. Weight Watchers let me choose the foods based on a number assigned based on nutrition. MRC has a list of foods and amounts, I may only eat what is on their list. In essence MRC is a lot more strict. On the recognition note, I considered creating envelopes with prizes inside for reaching certain goals and only letting my dear hubby give them to me when I can show him a specific number on the scale. I realized I wouldn't be as accountable. So, I joined Weight Watchers. I didn't eat very well today, but decided to track my points anyway. I was delightfully surprised to see I didn't ruin my day or even my week! I didn't feel guilty. At MRC I often felt guilty for being slightly off plan, like eating an almond...literally...one silly almond. I know both plans work, it's up to me to make them work. So, off I go down a turn in my path toward losing weight.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm coming to see you! Yes, I'll be seeing some others while I'm there, but let's be honest... you know we'll be having a Tetris marathon, going out for sushi, being ridiculous just sitting around, jogging...that's like 90% of my time right there. :-) I'm super-excited. AND I cannot wait to see your garden!

    ReplyDelete