On Sunday we did yard work.
I was weeding the garden when I looked down and saw a rolled up piece of cash! It was hidden beside a weed and was rolled up just like another leaf on the plant. While I wish I had a new money tree, there was only $1. It had dirt set in to it and I think it must have been there for quite a while! Pretty amazing. It made me want to sing, like they did on Little Rascals...I got a dollar, I got a dollar, I got a dollar, hey, hey,
hey, hey.
I was weeding the garden when I looked down and saw a rolled up piece of cash! It was hidden beside a weed and was rolled up just like another leaf on the plant. While I wish I had a new money tree, there was only $1. It had dirt set in to it and I think it must have been there for quite a while! Pretty amazing. It made me want to sing, like they did on Little Rascals...I got a dollar, I got a dollar, I got a dollar, hey, hey,
hey, hey.We went to tea for Mother's Day. It was really nice. There wasn't very much food to fill a person up, but it was a beautiful location and so much fun to have a formal tea. Next time I go, I want to wear a big ridiculous hat! Like my pink sun hat- that would've been delightful. After lunch the hubby went to help his brother unload a pinball machine. Yes, he bought a pinball machine! So much fun! While they did man stuff, I sat and chatted with my sister-in-law. I got to
hold my sweet pea niece, change her diapers, and feed her. I held her for 3 1/2-4 hours and she just slept the whole time. (W- I am good at getting out of chairs holding her, haha. I was nervous with your little man, but I've gotten the hang of it! Hooray!) We had quality niece and auntie bonding time.
hold my sweet pea niece, change her diapers, and feed her. I held her for 3 1/2-4 hours and she just slept the whole time. (W- I am good at getting out of chairs holding her, haha. I was nervous with your little man, but I've gotten the hang of it! Hooray!) We had quality niece and auntie bonding time.Today - I had a job interview in the morning. It was so strange this morning. I woke up and just didn't feel like getting out of bed. Usually, I am really excited to get up, do my hair, interview, etc. Today, I just wasn't excited. I wasn't even nervous. I was just indifferent. I still got my suit jacket and slacks on, put on my makeup, curled my hair, and made breakfast. When I got in the car Natasha Bedingfield's Unwritten came on the radio! Instantly, I knew it was all going to be good. I can think of two times I was offered jobs and this song was on the radio when I went to interview or was about to get an offer. How funny is that? Somehow it got me ready for the interview. I think it was God giving me a little oomph. When I got to the interview, everyone was really nice. The interview last two hours and I think it went REALLY well. I was disappointed when they told me the pay. It would be a 10k pay cut. We just can't do that. The paid time off was also half of what I get now. In September I get 25 paid days a year. You also start there on a probationary period- no benefits or pto for three months!!! Eek. The start date would also be pretty difficult to swing, because I would need to put two weeks in while we were on vacation and I'm not comfortable doing that. I may be burnt out, but I still really respect the people I work with!! I would never want to leave them in a bind. Anyway, unless the pay is hugely negotiable or I misunderstood what she said, I can't accept the job. I guess the search will continue. Oh, and this job is grant funded too. Just like the last one I interviewed for. Part of the interview as with the woman who would supervise me, the next part with the executive director, and the third part with the person who used to have the position. The executive director was interesting. This is part of the dialogue...
ED- Are you good at math?
Me- Certain types of math, fractions, decimals, etc.
ED- How big do you think an embryo is?
Me- Tiny, like the size of a pin head
ED- It's about .15 or maybe .015 millimeters.
Me- Okay, that's interesting
ED- There are a half a million embryos in storage. If all of those embryos were put side by side and packed together, how much room do you think they would take up?
Me- (Thoughtfully considering the question) I don't know, maybe the size of this office? (Okay- feel free to guess...I will post the answer in the comments after a few days).
ED- Actually, it is the size of a... (guess people!)
He also asked me what my thoughts on fundraising were. He told me he read a report that said people who identify with conservative political parties tend to donate more money than their liberal counterparts and wondered if I observed the same thing in my current job. I was relieved when he took a phone call and I got to move on to the third part of my interview. He was a really nice guy, but his questions were so out of the blue! I'm quick on my feet, but I don't like questions where I can tell the person expects a certain answer and I can't figure them out to know answer to give!
After my interview, I had lunch at Panera. Yummy! I went and bought some more yarn to knit a scarf or two on the way to Minnesota. Yay. I went to see my Ob-Gyn next. We had a nice chat and ordered some labs. Unfortunately, the labs I need to do need to happen while we are out of town...so I have to wait another month for them to happen. I was also told I could hot tub until I took a test and found out I was pregnant! Woohoo for vacation!!!
I did a little bit of shopping for the sister's graduation, picked up some items from the library (like audio book - The Time Traveler's Wife) and went to visit the next door neighbor. I feel bad, because I think she gets so lonely. She talked forever about one of her great granddaughters and of course gave me an update on her son's family that I help out (I help them do college stuff like FAFSA). The hubby and I picked up my prescription, looked for and found his wallet, ate dinner, and bought snacks for our road trip! I am so excited that we leave soon! I travel tomorrow and will pack a majority of our items tomorrow night. Yay!
The length of a piece of paper (11 inches).
ReplyDeletelol- I love you!
ReplyDeleteAnd I think we need to consider what kind of packaging these embryos need to be in to remain safe! I'll bet that takes up some room! ;-)
Interesting that your labs can only be done during a certain window. Keeping you guys in my prayers! I want to hold a Shawcross baby!