I decided earlier this year that since I was celebrating my 25th birthday on August 28, I would go back to my roots. I thought a theme party centered around the 80's would be a blast! Surprisingly, it was not as easy as I thought it would be. I thought I could just run to the thrift store and buy numerous decorations, clothes, etc. in abundance. While I did find a few things, nothing was really in abundance. We found an 80's themed Trivial Pursuit and a hair crimper at the thrift store here. Yes, this was the same one where we found the girl's photo. While traveling for work I found another thrift store that was newly opened and came across a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Yahtzee game for 75 cents and a New Kids on the Block puzzle for 55 cents. Everything else we had to make or find, which was a fun challenge.
Since the 80's are in style at Claires, I was able to find a headband and big flower for my hair. I found some tights at WalMart, although I had originally hoped to find neon pink, I settled for white. I also had some rubber bracelets from a work event two years ago that had an 80's theme. While traveling I also found a t-shirt that was neon yellow, which Hanes called Safety Yellow or something. In my closet I had an oversized t-shirt dress from Lane Bryant. I cut the collar off of my neon t-shirt to give it more of a scoop neck and less of a t-shirt look. I layered it all together, painted my nails neon orange, put in some large, white, hoop earrings, and brought the 80's back!
We served pizza in honor of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and found some other decorations around town. There were Care Bears to set out, neon balloons, Rubiks cubes and we put our 80's finds around the house. I also bought a bunch of 80's candy and set it out in a couple of bowls. We had Pop Rocks, Pixie Sticks, Ring Pops and more! We played Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary, Scattergories, and listened to some of the best 80's music. We sure had a blast! It will certainly go down in history as a memorable occasion. P.S. My date was dressed as McFly...isn't he handsome?
OH. MY. GOSH. I LOVE it! You guys look awesome! I bet it was sooo much fun! I wish I could've been there!
ReplyDeleteNacole...I'm a little disappointed you didn't get your tights at the thrift store...who doesn't love a little STD action?! ha ha I'm pretty jealous of the party is sounds and looks really cool! ha ha McFly...love it...
ReplyDeleteNaomi
Ew, Naomi. Ew. STD action? Ew.
ReplyDelete