Sunday, August 29, 2010

One of my favorite holidays...

I love celebrating birthdays! Especially mine. Saturday started with me waking up earlier than usual.  I still get excited for my birthday, just like a little girl.  J asked if I wanted to open my gifts and I said I wanted to wait.  Little did I know, one of my gifts was in the living room.  I walked out to find a gorgeous blue bicycle! I also had several phone messages by this time and called my mom and sister in Minnesota.  While on the phone with my sister, I opened a necklace from her with a wonderful charm that says dream, a pearl, and a key! Next was a trip to the Scrapbook and Rubber Stamp Expo with a friend! I found a wide array of fabulous items.  Most stayed fabulous on their respective racks, but I did purchase a few things.  I found some stamps that were old ladies. They were so endearing! I can't wait to get busy and make some new cards! After the expo, I had lunch with my husband. 

We spent the afternoon opening more gifts.  I got a butterfly wall hanging I had pinning for over a year! I also got the Rapala fishing game for the Wii.  One of my aunts sent me a t-shirt and some fuzzy socks.  My mom gave me a party platter from Avon, a cute apron, a blue beaded bracelet, and some brown eyeshadow.  My sister also got me a star guide and the Melting Pot cookbook! I am so excited to make some new fondue recipes, especially since the fondue at the Melting Pot is incredible!!! I also opened a bunch of fun cards! We played the fishing game and went to dinner at a hibachi grill! We finished it all off with a trip to Cold Stone for ice cream!

I had such a nice day and just keep thinking I am so incredibly blessed to have such amazing people in my life!!! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment