Friday, August 13, 2010

Have you seen the tooth fairy?

So, I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. I only had two, which was interesting...until I talked to my Grandma Lu. She had zero. I am guessing somewhere in my genes I inherited a lack of wisdom teeth on the bottom from her. Anyway, they were only partially impacted and surgery took like 20-30 minutes.  It was fast and I haven't really been swollen.  I used ice packs yesterday and took some two pain pills, but today I haven't needed any of that.  My jaw is sore, I can't yawn, and my cheeks hurt to smile, but those are minimal in pain compared to my gall bladder removal and cyst removal! This really has been a piece of cake in comparison. However, the tooth fairy still has not come to visit! I am hoping they read my blog and remember.

My friend Tricia was in town this week too!!! She was only going to be here like a day and a half, but her car broke down.  Usually, I'd be sad her car broke down, but it was the company car and they knew it didn't run well when they sent her on a 5 hour road trip! Anyway, it meant we got to spend lots more time together! Yay!!!! We made cards, went out to eat, watched TV, and did some wedding planning! We even went to David's Bridal and I tried on dresses. We found one that I loved and she loved it too. I hope the other bridesmaids are just as in love!  I felt all dressed up and cute like a cupcake. We had so much fun and we both agreed it was God's way of letting us spend more time together!!!

Last night I felt well enough to go out for a movie. We watched Dinner for Schmucks. Hilarious.  I suppose it's hilarious if you have a similar sense of humor to me, but I laughed through the whole movie.  I think Steve Carell is such a good actor and his characters are always so doofy. I suppose there were some strange parts to the movie, but I laughed through those too.  Now I am just waiting until October 26 or 28 or something when Sex and the City 2 comes out on DVD. I missed seeing it in the theater. That will be right after our cruise too.

Speaking of our cruise and wanting to be an even cuter Bahama mama...I am considering a major purchase.  Have any of you heard of the BodyBugg?  It's a tool to track your calorie expenditure.  It's about $200.  I sold the hubby's car and took a little bit of commission.  I was thinking of using my "commission" to purchase this item.  I also bought some new work out videos I am excited to try.  I need to wait a couple days though, because I can't bend over right now, it hurts my jaw. I think it must be the pressure of blood flowing to my head or something? Anyway, I was just curious if anyone has used this product, read the reviews, etc?  I don't think I have ever purchased an item for $200 for me...just me. That's sort of intimidating! Thoughts?

Also, since it is coming up to my birthday, I have thought about a new year's resolution.  I currently have one resolution that I am doing pretty well on.  That resolution was to not buy any more scrapbooking or card making paper. I have so much that I need to use!! I have done really good with this, even though it has been challenging.  I even bought an organizer for my scraps today! Yay! I am thinking my next resolution will be to spend a certain amount of time on me per week or even daily. Perhaps I could do some yoga, deep breathing, etc.  I think if I schedule it in, literally, that would really help me.  I may need a star chart to mark my progress! I am still tossing this around, like how much time it will be and how I will make sure I take the time.

To back up even further, we had a luau last weekend. It was a lot of fun. We made Kahlua pork, mac salad, steamed cabbage, pineapple upside down cake, teriyaki beef kabobs, had fresh papaya and pineapple, sweet bread from Naalehu Bakery (the southern most bakery in the United States), steamed rice, Hawaiian punch, and other treats! It was wonderful! I also got to use my fire pit for s'mores.  I love having people over for fun dinners!!!

Speaking of having people over...if you are in the area on August 27, I am having a Made in the 80's party! I haven't figured out what I am wearing yet, but I think I may need to take a trip to the second hand store. Surely, I will find some good outfits there!  I have also been rounding up food and menus that were popular in the 80's.  For example, did you know Olive Garden came to us in the 80's?  I may just have their catering or attempt some of the copy cat recipes for their food. 

A few days earlier is a Pampered Chef party. If you need anything Pampered Chef, let me know and I will make sure you can order off the website.  They have great products and the demonstrator is someone we know through the hubby's softball team. 

Oh, and I think I have decided to officially go back to school in May. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement. It REALLY helped me make my decision!!!! I looked at the requirements and was happy to see I wouldn't have to take the GRE, my GPA from my graduate degree I'm working on now and my last credits at UNC were high enough! Yay! Now, I have until December 1 to apply. They look at all the applicants at that point.  I am not sure when you hear a decision, but I am looking forward to it!  Thanks again everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment