Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wedded Bliss

This week we traveled to Wyoming for our friends T & T to get married.  It was such a fabulous wedding.  These two have been inseparable since they met and we were so ecstatic to be a part of their special day.  We had so much fun with the wedding party and catching up with people I hadn't seen in a few years!  I got to have dinner with my cousin Char, play poker over a few drinks...just like college, we got to help set up for the wedding and bond with the families, the rehearsal dinner was wonderful, and the wedding was of course spectacular.  At the rehearsal dinner I was wearing black leggings with heels and a cute little black dress.  When I went to get out of the car my dress blew up.  Not sort of or kind of, but clear up to my face...and the back of my head! I was fortunate only my husband and T & T saw...I think!  After a few giggles we went inside for a great dinner, drinks, and lots of fun.  I got a really cool gift bag with all sorts of goodies to pamper myself...even a robe with my name and a new blanket! 

The wedding day was fantastic, we had our pedicures and manicures done in advance.  I also got a sunless tan and had my hair done.  My hair took 47 bobby pins and I'm guessing a half a can of hairspray, but it stayed in beautifully! The ceremony was really nice and I had to stop myself from crying nearly a dozen times.  I was so happy thinking about how amazing God is, how beautiful love is, how great of a couple T & T are, and how much I love my husband.  Life is so good. The reception was a blast.  We had just the right wedding party to pull off a dancing entrance.  There was a photo booth, candy bar, games for the kids, and so many wonderful people.  The happy couple left on their honeymoon (despite making a grand exit and needing to jump the car).  I couldn't be happier for the pair and was so happy to be part of their special day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment