This week has been a whirlwind. Monday I had my ultrasound and it looked good. I officially started my birth control pills and the path to IVF. Monday afternoon I traveled out of town for work. This meant a return home at 11pm. We had a 9am staff meeting on Tuesday and I just felt like I couldn't get caught up all day, so I brought home my work. I worked until 11pm again. Wednesday evening brought a meeting with new volunteers. They were all so kind, so welcoming, and so willing to work! It was wonderful. At the end of the meeting a co-worker asked me to help lift a really light box. I made it like 20 steps before having to stop. My back hurt so bad, it felt like it was paralyzed with pain. She took the box and we headed up to finish our meeting. I decided when I took 3 ibuprofen and it did nothing, I should see the doctor. I got an appointment yesterday afternoon. I was to a point where I couldn't stand up straight I hurt so bad. I saw a PA and she was pretty sure I had inflammation of my sciatic. She also ordered a urine test and x-rays. My x-rays showed some degeneration, which worries me a little. I don't have any follow up with the doctor. For now I am just taking pain meds and a muscle relaxant. I felt a little better today, but still not back to my self. I have put in over 60 hours at work this week and still have work to get done by Monday. I travel again tomorrow. I know this is temporary insanity. It will get better if I can make it through January. After that I will have my old events transitioned and just my new work load. Right now I feel like I am doing two jobs, but it will get better.
This weekend we do our next step with medication for IVF. We do our antibiotics, which marks that we are about a month out from the retrieval. It's all so exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment