- Monday- my ultrasound and labs were "perfect" according to the doctor and nurse. We learned how to do shots. I was pleasantly surprised with how small the needles were. It was sort of funny because one of the shots I have to mix. Not being in the medical profession, I didn't know they made "mixing" needles. When I first saw the mixing needle, it was HUGE and intimidating. I was relieved when the nurse said I got to change it out for a much smaller one! I don't go back in now until Tuesday. I'm pretty excited to see how well my eggs grow, how many grow, etc. I'm also relieved to be getting closer by the minute to "in the thick of it". The whole process reminds me of when I got engaged. Since the dear hubby sent me on a scavenger hunt, I had time to process that this was it, this was a moment that would change my life forever. The nice thing about IVF is that I get that same time to process. So far I am not nervous, scared, or anything like that, just giddy with excitement.
- Later on Monday I found out that my thesis project proposal was accepted! I was expecting that I would submit it, revise, submit, etc. I was so happy that I was approved on the first shot!
- I also purchased my airline tickets and made a hotel reservation for my "residency" in March. I have a 3 day on campus requirement to complete my degree. I have this semester and one more class over summer. Time has gone by so fast!
- Tuesday- I had a noon meeting at work with a bunch of leaders from our community at our office. I was really happy that a senior staff who isn't my supervisor called on me to lend my expertise on social networking to the group. There were certainly other people who could have spoken to the topic, but she chose me. It was really cool because I haven't gotten to work with this group a lot yet and I felt like her nod in my direction carried a lot of weight. When it came to the portion of the agenda for me to give updates, lots of people told me I did an amazing job of inspiring the room to get fundraising! Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my edge for presenting or getting shyer as I age. I remember not long ago I would just stand up and say anything. I actually get a little nervous now! Anyway, all the affirmation made me feel really good. One person said they could tell why I was an excellent communication major, so that was cool.
- After that meeting I got a phone call from my volunteer who was diagnosed with cancer last week. On Monday they went in to remove her colon cancer. They thought they got all the colon cancer, but won't know until the pathology report comes back. That part is good. What is not so good is that they found a large spot of cancer on her rectum that looked pretty bad. They haven't given her a stage yet. I could hear her crying the whole time she was sharing this with me and I was able to make her giggle, but my heart just broke the entire time. Please pray for her. Her name is Donna.
- When I got home my dad sent me revised copy of his cookbook. This made me so happy. I love family recipes, the memories, and am just so sentimental about them. In fact, he could've just given me that as a gift for a holiday and I'd be totally content. (Dear sister...you could give me your recipes as a gift for something, hint hint, ha ha). For that matter, anyone could and I'd love it! I think that inviting others to eat with you is one of the ultimate gestures of love. Sharing recipes ranks right up there. Anyway, it made my day.
- I also got to book our hotel room for my friend T's wedding! I also called all of the Bridesmaids/matrons to share information about her shower. I'm ecstatic that her wedding will be here before I know it!
- Wednesday (today)- I got a TON done at work! Like my whole to-do list is caught up! It's incredible. I have a few things to-do, but nothing major. I was totally relieved. I also got my oil changed! Last Friday night I was totally panicked that I hadn't gotten enough work done and stayed up until the wee morning hours working from home. I finally feel like I can leave work at work this week and that's such a relief.
- Today my faculty mentor agreed to coach me for my thesis project, I'm making some sort of progress it seems like. Now I just need to get busy reading, reading, and reading some more.
- This may sound silly, but I bought an organizer for my shot paraphernalia today! Yesterday was my last day of birth control pills. I call my doctor's office on Thursday or Friday to just check in. I feel like I really want to get as much done as possible at home, because the next few weeks will be crazy with shots, doctor's appointments, and I have two events to staff. Anyway, organizing my shots is one way to channel all my excitement.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
What's going on...
I've had a good week for the most part...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment