Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another Day of Discovery

My last "day of discovery" post has a whole list of interesting things. Today I only have two, but none the less, they are little discoveries.

1.) I don't like fried food at all anymore...except buffalo wings and certain types of doughnuts I think I still like those. Today I had a bite of an eggroll at lunch and it grossed me out, it was so greasy. I've never really been a fan of fried chicken or a huge french fries. I much prefer baked fries or baked chicken that has a shake n bake type mixture. It's not even a health concious thing, it's just that I don't like the way the grease feels in my mouth. Crazy, huh? What American doesn't like fried food?! The funny part is periodically I like to think that I will change my mind. For example Monte Cristo sandwiches...I have tried those about five times and NEVER like them. I also feel like fish and chips should be delicious, but texture just turns me away. It's a really random thing to realize I don't like fried food, but at least it makes it easier to order off a menu! I am always overwhelmed by all the choices, haha.

2.) Seven layer bars...I have been craving one of these for days. I realized tonight that no one sells these in town! I even asked the baker at the grocery store and she said she could order a mix in. I told her there was no need for a special order, haha. My sister comes to town on Friday and I'm thinking I just might have to break down and get the ingredients to make a pan. It wouldn't be bad if we shared them and made some cookie plates for people. It all started with a nagging urge to eat a Blondie bar at Applebees. Then I thought of a seven layer bar and have been stuck on it ever since. It's the craziest thing! I know I'm not pregnant, I just want a seven layer bar. I think I'd pay decent money for one. It's insane.

There you have it...I'm nuts over seven layer bars that no one sells here and I don't like fried food. Startling discoveries, I know!

In other news I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I had a very vivid dream that I accidentally hit a family friend with a van. In my dream I felt horrible about the accident and got her to the emergency room. I woke up just after I realized I would undoubtedly get a ticket for reckless driving. I had dreamt that she was standing by the van talking to me. We said good bye and she stepped away. As I turned the van to leave, it just sort of tapped against her knee. At first she wasn't in any pain, but then she had more and more pain. I just couldn't shake feeling bad about it all morning!

The dear husband had a dream last night too. We were moving and there were only two people there to help us move, his parents. I had an apartment and then we also had a house we were moving out of. We were together in the dream, but he didn't know if it was pre-marriage or current or anything like that. He just had a very vivid dream we were moving.

I asked him if it was a sign. There was a job opening in another state that I could apply for at work, but we decided I should wait to apply. We wouldn't move for a couple years. We have to wait out the housing market a little and just keep working on paying stuff off. I looked up what moving meant in a dream and it seemed to be about making changes in life. Perhaps it is our lifestyle changes or all the updates we are doing on the house. Speaking of house updates, the dear husband is going to purchase/order our dishwasher and stove top tomorrow! Woohoo!! We have new cabinets, a new sink, and a new faucet just waiting to be installed. I even have paint for the kitchen. I think it will be so nice when it is all done.

Well, I am off for now to dream about seven layer bars! Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Are 7 layer bars, Magic Cookie Bars? I might have that recipe. Call me if you need it, or want to chat. We haven't chatted in a while! Oh, I told my mom to check out your blog, but she never posts comments, you may have another follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to allrecipes.com they are the same!!! I had no idea they had another name. We do need to chat, I will call soon! Hi Aunt Karen if you read this! :-)

    ReplyDelete