Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog Candy, Blog Candy, Blog Candy

I think this is my first piece of real blog candy! I got it from my dear friend Heidi.  She blogs about various things in her life, her home improvement projects, and posts some great photos!  Check out her blog here

I feel like blog candy is somewhat of a legend, like the legend for this nifty prize is that the receiver is suppose to mention the blog they got it from and tell 7 things about themselves before passing it on.

Here are seven things about me...

1.) My heart really breaks a little when I read the news or see sad stories on TV.  In fact, a fire is burning near one of our favorite fishing holes and it has made me kind of sad all day.  It's such a beautiful area and I worry about the people who have been evacuated or lost their homes. It sort of reminds me of one of the characters in the Secret Life of Bees.

2.) I get asked 1-2x a week if I dyed my hair. It looks a distinctly different color depending on whether I'm wearing it up or down and what products I used.  This apparently confuses people.

3.) Little House on the Prairie was the first book I remember reading cover to cover that was not a picture book. 

4.) When I was in around 3rd grade, if my family took trips through the middle of Montana, I would try to not think about anything.  I knew that aliens looked for artificial intelligence.  I didn't want the aliens to think I was intelligent, so I tried not to think for extended periods of time.  Especially, because I knew there was nothing around for miles, so they would easily be able to spot someone who was intelligent aka thinking.  I am amused as an adult thinking about this insane fear.

5.) I make a face when I am deep in thought that various people have confused for me being upset. Very few people actually can tell the difference between when I am thinking really hard about something and when I am genuinely upset.

6.) I have a six degree curve in my spine. I rarely sit straight when I am the passenger in a car, I almost always sit at an angle. Somehow it's more comfortable, especially if my back hurts.

7.) I named my cat Piper because she is grey like a pipe. I previously named a cat Marshmallow because it was white, you get the trend.

To cap off my award acceptance, I will now tag 15 people? Okay, I really don't share this with 15 people. Let's get real. So here are the 5 people I tag.

KS from the Sikorski Saga



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the story about you and artificial intelligence! That's awesome!

    And your "thinking face" reminds me of when I was in Stats in grad school and the prof (who was Chinese) would lean down in front of me and say, "You have a question?" or "You follow me so far?" And I just wanted to scream at him (after feeling totally freaked out and caught off guard for months) "That's just my FACE!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I'm not going to lie...I kinda don't get it...so I just write 7 things about myself? Any things? And you know no one reads my blog...lol
    The aliens thing is by far the funniest thing that I will probably hear today, so thanks for that. No wonder you were so quiet on those long road trips ;)
    Little disappointed you didn't name your cat "Hockey", just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Naomi. You can also add the photo to the side of your page, like an award or some eye candy. You tell us 7 things about you and you tag other people if you like or not, lol.

    ReplyDelete