Sunday, September 19, 2010

A million wonderful distractions...

I spent all last week in trainings at work.  On top of that, there was a brief moment where we found out that a co-worker had bed bugs and may have brought them in to our office. Fortunately, we were all in the clear.  On Thursday night was the softball game and my last post detailed the result of that game. 

On Friday, my friend T came to town with her mom.  We had fondue for dinner! I used the Melting Pot cookbook and a recipe for Luau Cooking Style to make dinner.  I love all things fondue and we had fun chatting and eating.  After dinner, T talked her mom and me into trying Zumba! I had a dvd from the library. We did Zumba for about an hour and it burned almost 600 calories according to my BodyBugg! Now, that's a workout! The best part was it didn't feel like a crazy workout. You move through the motions quick enough that even if something is difficult, it's only for like 30 seconds or less.  We had a lot of fun.

Saturday morning we had breakfast at Perkins. I had been avoiding our local Perkins because of a falling out with a volunteer almost 2 years ago.  I found out she no longer works there and we happily ate breakfast! The real fun began when we took a short road trip to some bridal boutiques! T tried on 20 wedding dresses. She looked so radiant! I am sure her family was tired of me saying, "I really like that".  I said it on just about every dress it seemed like.  She just looked fantastic! Finally, at the end of the day, she tried on two dresses that were just amazing.  After much thought, she narrowed it down and chose an absolutely gorgeous gown.  I am so excited for the wedding.  We also changed our minds on the bridesmaid dresses.  The dress we all liked the best is a style that is very flattering on all body sizes.  I will hopefully order my dress very soon!  In addition to wedding dress bliss, we had ice cream, she figured out the tuxedos, went to Archivers to check out scrapbooking goods, and hit up Party City.  It was such a lovely day! 

Driving home I had a moment straight off The Office.  There is an episode where Michael Scott listens to his GPS even when it tells him to drive in a lake.  Well, fortunately I didn't drive into a lake, but the GPS did send me through the airport to get home.  It literally instructed me to drive into the 45 minute parking. For real.  At this point I decided to use my brain and ignore the GPS. We laughed so hard. I am lucky I was with such understanding people! When we got home we looked at pictures from the day of all the dresses and laughed until the wee hours of morning.

This morning we went to breakfast at Qdoba before saying farewell.  I felt super ambitious and with help from the husband processed some pumpkin! That's right, I picked two of my eleven pie pumpkins.  J sliced off the top and cut them in half.  I removed the seeds while he removed the guts.  We put them in the oven and baked them.  When they came out we pureed our mash and got baking.  We made pumpkin bars and pumpkin muffins.  For lunch we went over to my brother & sister-in-law's place.  We had burgers and played a fun game called Cowpoker.  Best of all, I got to play peek-a-boo and be silly with my niece.  She has such a joyous little squeal right now.  There is something about her that fills my heart with so much joy, she puts a huge smile on my face!

I am thankful I had all of this to think about this week.  Tomorrow is my HSG procedure.  In case you don't know, an HSG is basically an outpatient procedure that involves a catheter and pushing dye through the uterus and fallopian tubes.  While the dye is moving through your body, there are a series of x-ray images being taken.  In the end they will be able to tell me if I might have a blocked fallopian tube or other abnormality.  Some women say this is painless.  Other women say it is worse than delivering a baby.  I wasn't nervous until about an hour ago.  I'm nervous it might hurt, anxious for the results, and am just so curious about the whole process.  I am tired, but at the same time, wide awake.  There really isn't any more I can do to prepare.  I understand the procedure, the risks, the benefits, the cost, etc. I just want it to be over, to have gone smoothly, to be pain free, and to have found there is nothing blocking my fallopian tubes or uterus. I am just very blessed to have so many things to have kept me distracted for the past week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment