Thursday, September 2, 2010

Is there a hidden camera?

Okay, so I was getting ready to leave work to go work somewhere else.  Another staff motioned me over.  Remember how I said I went to work in a good mood.  I walked into the kitchen to slice my peach. When I went to my bowl in the dishwasher, I realized it was full of clean dishes.  Usually the administrative staff ends up emptying the dishwasher.  I know that I obviously help add to the dishes inside, so thought I'd be nice and put away the clean dishes.  I really do believe the dishwasher is a shared task.  If you put dishes in, you should do your part and occasionally take dishes out. Anyway, fast forward through my day.  I am not standing in front of the staff who just motioned me over.  She proceeds to tell me that the same staff who has been giving me grief wanted to know who put the dishes away.  She started to reprimand the administrative assistant (who is telling me this) for putting the mugs in upside down. The administrative staff politely said, actually N put the dishes away.  At this point the staff was frustrated because we have a difference in opinion about how the dishes should be handled.  Seriously. I am not a fortune teller, but I am pretty good at guessing what people will do next sometimes. Mark my words, the staff who is upset about the garbage and now dishes will discuss the dishes with me next time she sees me. For real. 

I remembered that the Bible verse she quoted she said was that if something boils down to personal preference you should be yielding.  We are talking about putting away clean dishes people.  In my own home I put the mugs, right side up.  Honestly, I was just trying to be helpful and put the mugs in quickly, which meant they went in right side down.  Guess what, it does not matter in the grand scheme of things.  I also put her personal dishes together for her, I'm guessing she won't say thank you at all.

Okay, so whichever one of you suggested I be pranked all week for a reality TV show, I haven't found the hidden camera yet.  I just hope that by not losing my temper, I will win like a million dollars. 

5 comments:

  1. Let me introduce the non-biologists to what is referred to in immunology as "parachuting bacteria". You aren't supposed to put glasses and such in the cupboard (or really leave out for extended periods of time because bacteria literally parachutes into it. By placing them face down the surface to which has direct contact with what you consume is guarded from outside pathogens. Keep in mind the caveat is assuming your shelf is clean, but this is still considered to be the lesser evil.
    And please don't even get me started on the issues with not having a garbage next to the toilet...
    They be crazy...don't let them get to you Nacole...just think Bahamas! ha ha
    p.s. I'm not the one who set you up...or else it would be funnier...
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi, I love your nerdiness...:)

    Also, next time you comment, if you want to be "Naomi" instead of anonymous, choose "name/url" option under the select profile dropdown. Then just type your name, leave the url line blank. Should work...unless N changed that option on her blog setup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So really I did the right thing at work and at home should put my glasses face down? That's very interesting. Why don't you blog about random biology things like this. You could even have second blog dedicated to it. Kind of like the asparagus pee conversation! I'd be hooked.

    Heidi- your last comment was funny. Do I dare mention to the public that she is a Jehova's Witness and I identify myself as Lutheran? Just a random side note. There are some differences in religious opinion there anyway, I just don't think they should get discussed at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update...I just looked in my cupboard and it turns out I do put my cups upside down. I guess it's such a habit, I don't realize it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heidi! I was being oh so stealthy before! ha ha
    And I did my best in Nacole's first posts about the garbage to not talk science/hygeine, but I couldn't take it anymore lol
    Well Nacole, if you enjoy I will keep the nerdy science facts coming your way, next weeks issue: bacteria kills cancer in the lab...but not in your body...dun dun dun
    p.s. You know how before you post, it has you verify letters, my word to verify before I sent this was "couter" I about died laughing!

    ReplyDelete