Monday I slept in which was good, because I had nightmares on Sunday night. Two in a row actually. I blame it on the birth control pills. I was glad I had the rest of the day to just hang out with the hubby. We played Donkey Kong Country Returns, watched the Life series, and just hung out. It was really nice. Oh, and we got to take dinner to our friends who have a new set of twins. Only one of the babies is home, so keep baby Aiden in your prayers. He had heart surgery last week and will be recovering in the hospital for a couple more weeks. His brother Braiden was so sweet! I can't wait to meet Aiden.
Tuesday I worked a full day and traveled. One of my volunteers recently had a baby (a couple weeks from when the twins I just mentioned were born). I got to hold the sweet pea, but I have to admit there was a little heart break...she has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. I know her family doesn't have the resources to take care of her and it just breaks my heart. She is so young, so sweet, and just deserves the best care in the world. I so badly wanted to reach out and help, to do something, and haven't come up with anything appropriate. Just praying for now. I also got to catch up a little with my dear friend H on the phone and my youngest sister, so there were some great parts to my day.
Wednesday I had a great meeting at work that made me think, "Wow, I'm fighting cancer!" I wish I could've bottled that feeling for today. I wish I could have saved every little ounce of that joy to remember on the harder days I have at work. I also got to chat with my sisters and friend H (we got cut off the day before).
Today was just crappy. A co-worker was upset about something we really have no control over, which is normally the case. Another co-worker failed to mention a meeting time change and things would have gone differently at the meeting had she told me. Oh, and did I mention she decided to take her twin boys to the meeting? Which is not very professional. I had to tell my supervisor about how the meeting went, which didn't make anybody happy. I could probably have been just fine dealing with this, but then another co-worker ragged on me for how I file my documents on my computer. I don't create a file folder for a document unless I have two documents that can go into that file. Why open a folder to just see a single file when you could just see the file? Anyway, it just hurt my feelings because I think I am good at organizing stuff like that. Who even cares? It's just the way I chose to file my documents. It brought back memories from another place I worked where I had a super micro-manager supervising me. I wanted to leave work early to see the family's ranch hand who is in the hospital, needless to say I didn't get to do that because I got inundated with a few requests from volunteers. I left work just feeling crappy. Then I got an update on the gentleman in the hospital and it wasn't good. He will probably only be with us for a day or two more. If I had gone today he wouldn't have known I was there, but tomorrow they are taking him off some meds to say good-bye to everyone. I just want to go pay my respects for all he has done over the years for the ranch. I feel like I owe it to the grandpa in-law. While I was talking to my mother-in-law to get all this info, a committee member called me. She called to tell me one of the volunteers I am really close to was diagnosed with cancer today. It's already spread. It's definitely not the first volunteer I have had diagnosed with cancer, but is by far one of the volunteers I am closest too! It was just a rough day. It's only been a three day work week so far and it feels like it was a three week in a row without a day off work week. I'm going in for a little while tomorrow, but I just need some time off.
I need a Friday.
Dearest friend, I'm so sorry it's not been the greatest week for you! Know that I'm sending lots of love and good thoughts your way! Today IS in fact Friday and I hope that you get a day that FEELS like Friday.
ReplyDeleteI'm here if you need me!
Your Dear Friend H :)