I made it through my first event of the season this week. After a 26 hour shift, I took a nap and enjoyed some Chinese food with my husband. We also went to JoAnn's for some craft supplies. I am making baby shower invitations for a co-worker and needed some coordinating paper. I wandered back to the yarn and knitting needles. I found some jumbo needles, 25 mm, and some thick yarn. I chose a black and white varigated yarn. Next I chose a red yarn. In hindsight, I wish I would have double checked to make sure I had the same amount of both yarns. Instead I had 140 yards of red and 80 yards of the varigated. I looked at a couple scarf patterns and one said to cast on 8. I thought 8 was a little on the thin side for how bulky my yarn was, so I cast on 10. The directions also said to just keep knitting until I used up the ball of yarn. While my scarf wraps around my neck, I would've liked it just a little longer. I am really excited to go buy more yarn and knock out another scarf. I like the large tools, because I can see my progress. The smaller, 6mm, needles I am using on another scarf seem to take forever! I definitley have a different look with my other scarf project. The one I just finished is very warm, cozy, and comforting. I'd like to make a few more scarfs before I venture on to other projects like booties and hats. I really enjoyed having something simple and relaxing to do.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
My first completed knitting project!
I made it through my first event of the season this week. After a 26 hour shift, I took a nap and enjoyed some Chinese food with my husband. We also went to JoAnn's for some craft supplies. I am making baby shower invitations for a co-worker and needed some coordinating paper. I wandered back to the yarn and knitting needles. I found some jumbo needles, 25 mm, and some thick yarn. I chose a black and white varigated yarn. Next I chose a red yarn. In hindsight, I wish I would have double checked to make sure I had the same amount of both yarns. Instead I had 140 yards of red and 80 yards of the varigated. I looked at a couple scarf patterns and one said to cast on 8. I thought 8 was a little on the thin side for how bulky my yarn was, so I cast on 10. The directions also said to just keep knitting until I used up the ball of yarn. While my scarf wraps around my neck, I would've liked it just a little longer. I am really excited to go buy more yarn and knock out another scarf. I like the large tools, because I can see my progress. The smaller, 6mm, needles I am using on another scarf seem to take forever! I definitley have a different look with my other scarf project. The one I just finished is very warm, cozy, and comforting. I'd like to make a few more scarfs before I venture on to other projects like booties and hats. I really enjoyed having something simple and relaxing to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good work friend!! That's so exciting! You're so stinkin' creative and crafty! I'm jealous... I cannot knit to save my life!
ReplyDelete