Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nightmare

Last night I went to bed pretty late, like around midnight. I woke up in nearly a cold sweat from a terrible nightmare! I haven't looked up the meaning yet, because I'm a little nervous what I will find out. If you are sensitive to your own nightmares or scary movies, you should probably just skip reading this. Seriously, if this was someone else's post, I wouldn't be able to read it without getting my own nightmares. Movies, stories, etc. easily leave an impression though. With that warning - here is the dream...

I am at work and 4 different people (I know one was my supervisor, one was the office manager, one was someone more corporate, and one was one of my team members) didn't communicate about hiring an intern. As a result we hired 8 interns. After the staff meeting I left to drive to one of my communities. The community I drove to was Hungry Horse, Montana. (Yep, not even the state I live in or a place I have spent a lot of time). I started driving and at some point debated whether to stop for breakfast (I was starving), but was worried the intern would get lost trying to follow me. When I got their, I got out of my car. For some reason the intern (one intern) I had chosen to come with me rode separate. He got out of his car and I noticed that several cars pulled up behind him. At this point I realize the other 7 interns misunderstood and came with! I still needed to work my community and was able to secure some housing for the evening. We were able to stay at this house that is usually used for like church groups or other groups when they go on a retreat. At one point the male intern was up in a tree eating peanuts. (This seemed completely normal in my dream, he was on like a wooden platform, but not quite a tree house.) Anyway, he was later dead and the locals deduced his death to a raccoon eating him. (Seriously, a raccoon...a killer raccoon.) We were all puzzled, but complete strangers. There was a feeling of sadness and everyone was solemn. A couple hours later I heard a girl (an intern) screaming and thrashing. I grabbed another girl (one of the seven remaining interns) and approached the girl in distress who was on top of a bunk bed. Another intern was strangling her! We were helpless, but ran to get help and save our own rears. As we were running, we saw the killer intern had seduced another mail intern and was taking him back inside to meet his fate. Somewhere in here is where I realized the girl was possessed and a killer raccoon had not killed the original male intern. The crazy possessed girl was killing everyone.

I woke up and was completely freaked out! I usually try to shelter myself from scary things. I know they give me nightmares, but I really didn't watch anything to spark this crazy nightmare. The other thing is -0n the scale of scariness ghosts and goblins are fairly low. Anything to do with good and evil or the devil really scares me. I woke the hubby up when I was laying there scared. I was relieved to see light coming in through the windows, so I knew it was later in the morning. A few years ago I got suckered into watching the Exorcism of Emily Rose. The part of the movie where they discussed the time of night where the devil makes a mockery of Christianity, still scares me. I was so relieved it wasn't that time when I woke up. When the husband left the room to use the restroom, I had to verbally say, "Jesus loves me". Like somehow if there was anything bad in the room, it needed to know God was stronger and my faith was stronger. I sang Jesus Love Me in my head and was able to fall back asleep.

I dislike having nightmares because they just kind of hang with me all day. I haven't really told anyone about my nightmare, I don't want to verbalize it. Somehow writing it down on my blog only makes me sort of edgy, nervous, etc. It's just such a screwed up nightmare. Icky. I hope tonight I have much sweeter dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Okay...I got the guts to look it up. (Meanwhile Jason is busting a gut reading my blog post and hearing about the killer raccoon) Dreaming about being posessed can mean feeling out of control. Specifically, the person who is posessed has no control over the situation. I could see some possible connections, but still...ICKY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing too! But I had a much "sweeter" dream last night you could look up for me, if you wanted.
    I dreamt that it was Halloween and somehow my whole family lived in one big house. My parents, sister's family, my family, not sure about Kevin. Anyways we were trying to get costumes and the girls were in Easter dresses and looking for Easter eggs out on the lawn. I was going to dress up as "Aunt Cheryl" (she doesn't read this, does she?) after she got breast implants, like Pamela Anderson size. So I was wearing tight clothes and balloons and trying to get everyone out the door to go trick-or-treating. I woke up to my sister calling on her way home from work.
    I haven't seen Aunt Cheryl in 10 years, in August. No idea why I was dreaming about dressing up as her, or that she got enhancements. Candy abounds in our house now, so that's probably where that comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, first of all, you know I love you. Second of all, I was having a tough time NOT laughing reading your post...knowing Jason was full-out laughing made me feel a little better. I'm sure your dream had to do with stressors in your life! That's all ... but I do hate that feeling of waking up and laying there thinking, is someone in the room with me? Was that a dream? I can relate to that for sure!! Hang in there, and remember, they're just dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyla...she doesn't know this blog exists. :-) I did have a conversation with Lori over text this week though. In your dream were you close to or did you like Cheryl? Halloween can me the identification of a new persona where you feel free to be you. I thought that was funny with the implants...haha.
    Heidi & Kyla - I am glad I was able to provide some humor for your days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know why it was Cheryl. I don't think I "liked" her but I definitely didn't "hate" her. It wasn't to poke fun specifically at her, just kinda like any costume - ghost, gobblin, hobo, pirate, my little pony, princess, Aunt Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kyla- that makes me giggle...specifically the last line!

    ReplyDelete