I went to the orthodontist today. When I laid down the orthodontist measured where my teeth were and rattled off a number of things...like right lower 6 to 6. I can guess what they are talking about, but really it doesn't much change anything. Anyway, today I thought he said at my next appointment we would schedule a time to get my braces off. He joked around later when I was all done with my adjustments and said, "I bet you won't miss your next appointment." I've never missed an appointment and was kind of confused. I also should've known better, because when the tech went to put new elastics on and asked me what color, I said silver or clear. She said, "It's your last set, don't you want something fun?!" I told her last time I did something fun I ended up with a job interview and felt funny not wearing a super professional color. Still nothing clicked. When I went to schedule my next appointment I told Jane, the really nice receptionist, that I had one more appointment left. She reviewed my chart for a minute and said, "not really". She then read that my chart said my next appointment was to get my braces off!!!!!!!!! I was a little bummed back at the chair, because I thought I would still have braces when I went to my sister's graduation. (Come to think of it- I even asked the tech how long it usually took between the last appointment and getting braces off...she said something about probably wanting to give my tooth plenty of time to move down...haha, I obviously never would've asked this if I knew my appointment was going to be to remove my braces. I was just trying to calculate how long 4 weeks plus a little more time to get braces off would be!) Anyway, I was so excited to set my date. They only had two available and we plan to be on the road one of the days. I happily booked my 10am appointment (they only take braces off at 10am for some reason). I am SO excited. I feel like I am graduating or something.
My mom asked what the first thing I was going to eat was...I think caramel or rice. I am sort of worried my teeth are going to be sore when they pop off the braces. I am amazed at how quickly almost two years has flown by!
Pretty sure you have eaten both of those items with your braces on, silly!
ReplyDelete-J
You would be correct, but like this evening the rice gets all stuck in my braces and it's so annoying. Also, I have had to suck on caramel (or the honey I tried to add to iced tea...that wasn't a finer moment, haha). I will be happy to just chomp down and not worry about individual grains of rice. I'm also excited about not choking on asparagus!
ReplyDelete