Monday, July 26, 2010

Bradgelina...

I was driving home from getting my manicure this evening.  I am always fascinated when I see personal plates on a car.  I think it stems from my love of word games. I always like to figure out what the person is trying to say. In fact, recently we have been thinking of personal plates on my car.  I was thinking of bttrfly, but that could be better fly or butterfly. So, I have not settled on whether to get that or not. Anyway, this evening I saw a license plate that read, "vrgnjen".  I sort of giggled.  Some girl named Jen must be really proud of being a virgin. Good for her, I'm not sure I'd get that on my plate.  As I got closer to the car I realized it was an older couple.  That's when it hit me, that older couple was Virge, probably short for Virgil, and Jen, probably short for Jenny or Jennifer.  They were the cutest old couple and I bet they were really happy to proclaim their love on their license plate.  I'm just glad that neither of my grandparents names when put together shorten to virgin. I also wonder if they are cool like Bradgelina? Either way, it's pretty cute.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha!! I just laughed so hard! I actually had tears. That is so funny. How unfortunate to have that for a nickname, maybe they should change it to jennvrg, just sayin'. -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! I thought the same thing too! See, before you get a personalized plate always ask for a few opinions... :)

    ReplyDelete