It's Friday. Finally, Friday. I took today off since I didn't end up taking last Friday off. It's also sort of comical (since my last post was a rant on my job) that I applied for a job last week and had a phone interview yesterday. I applied at a local hospital to be a volunteer coordinator. The position would require a short commute (19.98 miles according to Mapquest). I would work 40 hours a week. Just 40. There isn't any travel, any being on-call, or any monetary goal. I would get to work with volunteers, plan trainings, plan ways to recognize them, and in general do the parts of my job I enjoy now and ditch the parts I don't! I'm slightly nervous about the whole thing, because I feel vulnerable! This is something I really want and I feel like I am putting myself out there. If I don't get the job, I think I will be pretty disappointed. The last couple jobs I applied for I have not been disappointed when I didn't get hired. There were these little quirks that made them almost, but not quite ideal. This one seems to be a great fit! Oh and the benefits are good too. In fact, using my recent surgery as an example, the total amount I paid would have been $125. Not the $300 I think I will be paying. That's good insurance! They also have little perks like free tickets to various events and company get togethers. That's one thing I miss at this job that I had at my last job.
Okay, so back to the phone interview. My sister-in-law had suggested I call the hospital to make sure they got my application. I had to wait until Tuesday to call with the holiday. I called and left a message with the recruiter. Yesterday (Thursday) I missed a call from the director of the department. I called back and left a message. This sort of reminded me of when I was dating and debated how quickly to call back, whether to leave a message or just call back later, etc. I decided to leave a message (After all, what IF they have caller ID and can see some maniac called a million times? lol). I was delighted when just after finishing my lunch my cell phone rang and the number came up on my screen! I hid out in the wig room at work with the door shut to take the call. There is something scandalous and slightly fulfilling about taking a phone interview at your current employer! Anyway, we talked for a good 40 minutes about the hospital, the staff, the job, and what to expect. At the end of the call I asked if I would for sure be expecting a phone call or if I should continue to check the hospital website to review the status of my application. The director said I would definitely be expecting a phone call from the recruiter (the lady that I left a message with on Tuesday) and interviews would be scheduled for the week of July 26. She is leaving on vacation and does not have a hard and fast deadline for filling the position. I didn't intend to ask a question that would basically tell me how our phone conversation had gone, but was delighted to hear I would be contacted soon! I am suppose to hear from the recruiter within a week to schedule an interview. The whole thing makes me so giddy and so excited. Oh and may I add in the timing is perfect, because my last event is July 31 and August 1? If they do interviews the week of July 26, I would be able to wrap up my event season before our fiscal year ends on August 31. I would leave the organization in the best possible time to have a staff leave. I like the people I work with and want everyone to be set up for success, so this would make that transition a lot smoother.
I just keep thanking God that so far this seems to be going so well and just praying that it all works out. In fact, if you want pray too, I'd love it! This really feels like such a blessing and such a positive move for me, I think that is part of the reason I worry a little about it not working out. As usual, I just need to let go and let God. I know I am and will be taken care of.
No comments:
Post a Comment