Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Wait is Over

Well, a little before 1pm I got the call. They offered the job to another candidate and the candidate accepted. The HR lady said she had feedback from my interview.  She said all the feedback was that I interviewed really well and was a very strong candidate.  Of course I was already out of town for work and all alone. I drove to the far end of the parking lot and cried and texted for a few minutes.  Even though 90% of the time I am a fairly confident person, stuff like this still shakes me. I'd love to think I am a little tougher skinned, but I still just wonder what it was that made the difference between getting the job and not getting the job.  I keep thinking about what Whitney said on a comment before the interview- that God is preparing me for whatever is next in my life. I just have to trust and find comfort in the idea I must still be at my current job for a reason.  Not sure what that reason or purpose is and I may never know...I guess I just hope I am making a difference in someone's life.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job. You will be great at the one that you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm sure you are making a difference in someone's life! Not getting the job really sucks and I'm sorry for that, my friend. But like you said, there were a lot of applicants and people even came from elsewhere just to interview for this position. Having just been on the interviewing/hiring side, I know sometimes it truly comes down to a tough call between a few highly qualified candidates. I wish we could've hired 2 people we just interviewed, but we couldn't. :( I bet it's similar in your case.

    Don't lose hope!! It's out there for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a difference in my life...every minute of every day.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, that last comment makes me want to cry.

    Partly because I was going to say the same darn thing and didn't. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, thanks. I knew I married him for reason and have great friends and family like all of you for a reason. It means more than you could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry hun! That's hard and even though you got good feedback, I'm sure you're still playing everything over in your head. When Kyle didn't get the job with a certain school district last fall I was sooo angry, because it felt like such a perfect fit and the interview sounded like it had gone so well! They hired a gal who said she was going to need a year to learn the stuff Kyle already knew. It turned out that she also could coach basketball... finding that out made me even madder! But looking at it now, I'm so thankful that Kyle doesn't have to work in a "corrupt" system like that. God's weaving together something in your life right now! Who knows when you'll find out why this job wasn't right, but you will someday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete