Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just waiting

I had my interview this morning.  I was glad I got there a few minutes early because I was waiting in a different spot than where they were waiting and it took the guy trying to help me find my way a little bit to get it figured out. Despite the fact I pointed to the bulletin board and said maybe I should be in that conference room.  Anyway, eventually a nice lady led me to my interview.  I walked in to the room and sat at a table in front of not 3, not 4, but 7 individuals.  They started by saying they were on a time crunch...which tends to make me uncomfortable.  Then they asked me to tell them about my professional highlights. Next the firing range started. All the questions were tell us about a situation where blank happened, how did it turn out. Every single question was situation based.  Finally, they asked if I had questions and I asked what made a person successful on their team. I also asked about volunteer feedback, like do they have an evaluation for the volunteers.  This was interesting because she said they are researching that and hope to role that out in the near future.  I felt like I got lucky asking about that.  Anyway, the interview was over. I think it last just under 45 minutes.  I left without really knowing if I did excellent or just okay. I know I did my best.  When we walked out the same lady who walked me in, who I found out is a volunteer, said I interviewed really well.  I was also told HR would call at the earliest on Friday and the latest on Monday. Now I just wait.  I will be disappointed if it doesn't work out, but I know at this point there isn't much I can do, besides write a thank you note.  So that's it, my interview in a nutshell.
P.S. I think we definitely walked by the morgue going to the conference room. Creepy.

1 comment: