Friday, July 23, 2010
Checked Out
Today I went to our local Kinko's to shop for some paper. I found my paper and stood at the checkout for a few minutes. Finally, a manager (tall, grey haired man with a 1990's hair cut, probably in his early 40's, just destined to be a manger at a Kinko's here in town) hollered over, "Do you need help?". (No, I don't need help, I like to stand with my credit card out in front of me at a cash register with no one to help me as a hobby. This crossed my mind, but instead I said something more polite.) I reply, "Yes, I just need to check out." The man hollers back, despite the fact he is less than 5 feet from me at this point, "I'd like to check you out." He said it in his cool, I'm a Manager, ha ha, sort of way as he accented the word like. I didn't say a word. I just handed him my card as his face turned three million shades of red and he babbled back, "I guess that didn't come out right, I meant I'd like to check you out, that's still not right, I mean, I can check you out, or how about I ....." At this point there was really no saving him. I just giggled and said, "It's ok, I knew what you meant." He then says, "Wow, this is probably the most embarrassing thing I've done in a while." I laughed quietly and said something like you will think it's funny in a few days. He thanked me for my purchase and I walked out the doors and busted out laughing. I'm not sure if this is one of those things where you had to be there, but it was hilarious to watch him stumble over his words, I'm sure he was glad I didn't slap him. Anyway, I hope you find some amount of humor in my story of being "checked out".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ha ha!! He can check me out anytime! lol--Naomi
ReplyDelete