Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 5 Update

This morning was another ultrasound and set of labs.  I didn't sleep super well last night.  I woke up around 3:30 this morning and had to go to the bathroom.  I could not go back to sleep after.  I thought maybe it was close enough to when I needed to wake up for the day so decided to check my phone, that's when I found out it was a little after 4.  I tried so hard to go back to sleep and felt like I finally drifted off around 6, who knows, maybe it was earlier.  It felt like forever.  I woke up around 6:50 to get ready to drive over to the doctor's office and get labs in before my 8:15 appointment. 

The ladies in the lab are starting to recognize me and get that I will be seeing them a lot.  They are very nice and got me in so quickly today.  I have to sign a new privacy agreement every time I have a blood draw, which is comical to me.  Too bad they aren't electronic. I am going to have killed a tree signing this privacy statement by the time all is said and done. At the doctor's office there were more women than usual waiting.  I wondered if they were all doing IVF like me.  It's interesting to see how diverse the group is, all goes to prove you can't "spot" who might have fertility problems and who won't. 

Anyway, in my ultrasound the doctor measured a number of follicles.  I think tomorrow I am going to try and count how many he is measuring.  He said they are maturing at different rates, which is okay since I have PCOS.  I guess if they all were maturing super fast it would not be ideal.  I mentioned that my pelvis felt heavier.  He said the follicles had definitely grown, but we still want them to be two to three times larger than they are now!  He increased the dose on my Follistim, left my Menopur the same, and added a third shot to my cocktail.  I am now adding in Ganirelix which is a day ahead of what was on my original calendar.  I think this is sort of a good sign, because if you remember the Ganirelix prevents ovulation.  I must have some follicles getting ready to ovulate since we are suppressing the ability to with another shot.  The nurse called just a bit ago and said my E2 (estrogen) level was 124 today.  This just confirmed they were going to increase my Follistim dose to get everything growing a little more.

I go back in the morning for labs and an ultrasound.  I flexed out of work this afternoon to work on reading for my literature review.  I'll be honest though, I really want to take a nap! Oh, and I tried giving myself a shot in the thigh yesterday. That was a little bit painful.  I asked the nurse if I could do them all in my stomach if I just rotated where and she said I could, thank God!  For now I am just trying to stay hydrated to make my labs as easy as possible to obtain and praying for my follicles to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment