Today was another ultrasound and set of labs. I don't know what my lab results were. The doctor closes his office at 1pm on Fridays and I know they would've gotten labs just before closing. I was in a meeting at work, so didn't get the office called. I figured since I am going back tomorrow morning I could just ask then. They work so hard and through the weekends that I didn't want to call just to ask for my lab results right before they left for the day. My ultrasound seemed fine. He said again there was lots of potential. He kept me on a higher dose of Follistim. He also thought that it was going to take some higher doses of medicine to get my follicles stimulated, but then they would go crazy and we would be backing off medicine as quickly as possible. I have started having headaches. I know I am drinking plenty of water, so I am guessing it's the medication I am on. I also woke up in the middle of the night to tell the dear hubby it smelled like onions. Really, our bedroom doesn't smell like onions, I think my sense of smell is just "off". I'm curious to see what's going on in the morning.
At work today I had a meeting that was really good and then a series of great phone calls. One phone call was from the person hiring for a promotion I applied for back in the beginning of December. It was the nicest rejection phone call I have ever had in my life! She said she was reaching out to me personally because she so enjoyed interviewing me and wanted to help me shine in our division. She said I was very talented and she thought I had the potential for a promotion in my future, this just wasn't the right timing. Right before talking to her I received a phone call that I was selected to be on a task force at work. This is pretty cool because there was a lot of competition. I have co-workers who applied and were passed up a few years and a row. This was my first time applying and out of our 12 states, I snagged one of two openings! I don't get a pay raise for it, but it is an excellent opportunity to prepare myself for a promotion! I shared this news with the lady who called to discuss the other promotion with me and she said she had really advocated for me to get this opportunity. She felt it would get my name out there a little more and set me up nicely for a bigger and better career! I felt so good. I also felt valued and was so honored to get such personal phone calls. Finally, another phone call this afternoon was with a mom who is dedicating her three year old's birthday to fundraising for our event! I was super excited talking to her and was able to make one heck of a sell! I felt like I was having the best day at work ever. I can't wait to see what the future holds, besides the plane trip I now get to make in April! I will be flying to either Phoenix or Seattle. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment