Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 7 Update

This morning brought another set of labs and ultrasound.  I found out my E2 yesterday was 216.  To put this in perspective, this is the level you would expect on day 3.  The good news is that my doctor seemed pretty optimistic.  He said there is the potential to have 20 follicles one each ovary.  To be clear with everyone reading this, each follicle is a potential egg.  If I have 20 on each ovary or a total of 40, that will be way too many and I will over stimulate.  However, this is a huge investment in every area of our lives and only having 4 or 5 follicles mature is nerve racking.  Just because we have to watch to see if they mature and make it to the next stage in development.  A small number harvested could greatly decrease the odds of having some embryos to put back in my uterus.  Anyway, we are keeping my dose of Follistim high and I go back tomorrow.  They might raise my dose again tomorrow depending on what my labs from today show.  It's still too early to tell when I might have a retrieval, hopefully the next few days are more telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment