Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 9 Update

This morning felt like a "productive" day.  I have noticed a few people who seem to be going through the same process. We show up on the same days for appointments, are at the lab at the same time, etc.  This morning I was so glad when one of the ladies "broke the ice".  I saw her at the lab and again shortly after arriving at the doctor's office.  She said, "Am I following you?!"  We joked for a minute about being on the same schedule.  I think we both wanted to ask one another, like are you doing IVF too?  How is it going? etc. We were able to get to a point where we figured out we were both doing IVF. Her retrieval is suppose to be this coming Thursday.  She had an English accent and was so kind.  I introduced myself and shook her hand as the nurse called me back.  Her name was not one I have heard before, I was going to look it up and see if I could figure out where she was from.  I think she said Rasheen. Anyway, I was happy to make a sort of IVF friend. We will see if our paths cross again. 

The doctor said that yesterday my E2 was 657 or 697 (I didn't catch the middle number and didn't bother to clarify since it's a sort of ambiguous number at this point).  Almost all of my follicles were in the double digits today! We had lots of 10s and 11s.  We want to see 20s though, so I still have a way to go.  I am feeling pressure in my abdomen which is making me have to use the ladies room constantly and feel a more intense pressure when I do.  I can't imaging what the next few days will feel like.  My lining is continuing to look very nice. I stayed on the higher dose of medication today. The most exciting part of today was that he said he thinks my retrieval will be this weekend. He said there is a slight chance of having a Thursday or Friday retrieval and that most likely it'd be Saturday or Sunday.  He also said a Monday or Tuesday transfer was a slight chance.  I am very happy to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I need a couple days without shots at this point.  I'm starting to have an issue with the feeling of the needle going through my skin, not the puncture, but the needle actually sliding in.  Isn't that strange? I didn't get an E2 number today, but it had to be higher.  Of course I go back tomorrow.

This evening I drove home from work and realized I left the extra meds they gave me in the refrigerator at work.  The dear hubby jumped in the car with me and we drove back to my office, which is at least a 15 minute drive. We got up to the door and the dear hubby pointed out I needed my keys, not his to get in the door. My keys were at home. So guess what, we drove home, got my keys and drove back to my office. I already had a headache and that just made me crazier! I also had a conference call for work which I had to then take while I was in the middle of shots and driving home.  I also realized my excessive trips to and from work meant I needed to fill up with gas.  I was thankful the hubby put Kahlua pork in the crock pot today!  Otherwise it would have been a fast food, order out, I'm not cooking sort of evening.  All in the name of IVF! I did find out on my conference call that the first weekend in April I get to fly to Seattle! Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment