So, I am feeling a little more optimistic. There are a few reasons, so I will go through them chronologically backward.
Through this whole journey I have had this really terrible thought process that maybe my inability to become pregnant was somehow God's way of punishing me for my actions when I was younger. Today at church the sermon was about love. The part that jumped out at me was when the pastor talked about our God not being a God of retribution. If our God was a God of retribution, we would all be, well in pretty bad shape if here at all! Instead we have a God of love. A God who has made us in His image and forgives us, because he is a loving God. I am so thankful we went to church this morning, because this was the message I needed to hear. Not to mention, our pastors are so kind. As soon as we walked in both pastors came right up! One of them pointed at us (like we were just the people he wanted to see) and walked over, sat down, and asked how IVF was going. Despite the fact he had tons of people to talk to, he sat and checked in with us right until church started. He really seems to understand what infertility and trying to conceive is like. It makes me wonder if he has had first hand experience, because he is so compassionate. Just in case you are wondering, we had two pastors today, the one who gave the sermon was our intern pastor from Wisconsin and the one who sat with us for a while is our normal pastor. Anyway, it was so nice to hear messages of love.
On that note, I cannot even begin to tell all of you how much your love and support have helped the past few days especially. I appreciate your prayers, love, friendship, and sisterhood more than I can even imagine. Whether it's remembering us with flowers, a note on your Facebook comments, a comment on our blog, a call, or text, it has been exponentially helpful. I am so blessed to have you in my lives.
I have been having some abdominal cramps which I think is a good sign. I have had a series of other comical symptoms, but I chalk them all up to my daily shots of progesterone and estrogen patches. Just for fun-sake here is what I'm experiencing: I am SO hungry, I am wanting to eat some different foods than normal like fried chicken, I am nearly to a point where I want to sleep with a bra on, I have gagged twice- once over the smell of a dry erase marker being used on a white board and later when my piece of pizza had a tiny piece of Italian sausage that had a faint flavor of anise. They truly are a result of the drugs I am on. They want your body to think and act like it's pregnant hoping the embryos have implanted. The result is symptoms that are very difficult to sort out from what's pregnancy and what's drugs. It's all sort of comical though.
Another piece of information that I found helpful was that embryos don't typically do well after day 6 outside of the uterus. They much prefer to be toasting like buns in an oven in a natural environment. I felt much better learning and understanding this. The doctor said the fact the others didn't make it to freeze had no impact on the success of the ones that were transferred.
I am more at peace, more hopeful, and am thinking positive thoughts at this point. The wait is really seeming crazy long at this point, fortunately I have a busy next couple of weeks at work to keep me rather distracted!
Thanks again for all of your love and support.
What a great post, my dear! I can tell you're feeling better about things which is so good! Hang in there. I'm glad you got to hear what you needed at church...it's awesome when things work out that way! Thinking of you guys lots. Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about and praying for you also. Echo the love message and remember a sermon I heard, not to ask why do bad things happen to good people, but rather why do good things happen to bad people. Remember all the good things happening and love shared.
ReplyDelete