Today was day 3 of shots. Our office was closed today due to "extreme cold". It made me laugh. It was in the negatives. I have seen a wind chill of -65 in Montana. Here it is with a high of 1 and a low of -24 with wind chill and we close up shop. Although I will say people don't plug their cars in here, so if you don't have a garage it's tricky to get the car started sometimes. I get the schools closing, there are so many children who don't live in homes with reliable transportation and it's not a super normal thing here to be THAT cold, so parents aren't prepared. Anyway, I thought some of you would get a kick out of our office closing due to "extreme cold". I did not get a day off though, I still went in to the office and worked. I had an event this evening to prepare for and in case you are curious, it went fantastic!
Anyway, this morning I drove to the lab and then doctor's office. At the ultrasound the doctor could see a number of follicles growing, but it was hard to see. He thought we might get the most information out of my lab results. He referred to my ovaries as possibly being, "sleeping giants". Basically with my diagnosis of the poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) they are being very careful to monitor me for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). OHSS could make me very sick. Anyway, the good news is I am no where close to that. The flip side of that coin is that I need to be stimming a little more than I am. My E2 levels came in at 86. Which I feel like is a low number. They were going to reduce the amount of one of the drugs today, the Follistim, but I am keeping the same does and don't go back in for another round of labs or ultrasound until Thursday. I feel like my prayers are a little mixed, I want to pray for my follicles to be stimulate, but not too much. So, I decided my prayer is going to be for my follicles to grow appropriately.
Since I had an event at work today, I had to do my shots in a public bathroom! I washed up good and was really careful with everything. The bathroom didn't have a main door to close, so people walking by could see what I was doing. It was so strange. Anyway, I did it, so I was happy about that. For now I am just going to keep coasting along in this crazy process. Just wanted to post an update in this crazy IVF road trip.
OK...I will admit I chuckled a little when I read your back-and-forth about your prayers. You just actually said, "my prayer is going to be for my follicles to grow appropriately." You're too cute! I love you friend and I will also pray for your follicles to grow appropriately as well!
ReplyDelete